Friday, November 16, 2007

Art dump: a few snippets from the past two years

Wow. I need to drive a spike through Father Time's foot to keep him from running so quickly. It's been a couple of years since I did some of this work. The two photo collage paintings reach back to my high school years. I can't believe it--soon enough I'll have a white mop for hair, sagging cheeks, and a pegged leg or some nonsense.

Blue with words, 2005
To my brother: What have you done recently? I worry for you. Please, please, just take care of your responsibilities. The fun part will come later. Let the chemicals bathe your skull with synthetic health--not your chemicals, our chemicals. Sit down, pick up that damned pencil, and take care of yourself.





Yellow with words, 2005
To my sister: I hope your back is feeling better. Stretching should help, but stress is the killer. Don't let petty assignments ruin your brief time on this planet. That is not to say that your time will be briefer than anyone else's, but that life is short by default. I hear almonds are good for the skin in the meantime. Not too many though, because they're high in fat. You have the right idea. Keep your head up and stay positive. I'll try to do the same.

unfinished, 2007
Oh, the children. Summer camp creation number two. That is, observed at my camp job and transcribed in the safety of my home. This is unfinished, but the shapes and colors are all present. I dislike backgrounds because they cause me trouble when trying to finish a piece.

No comments: